If you have suffered a personal injury, there is a lot of information that you will need to keep track of. You may decide it is best to create a personal injury checklist to keep all of the information in order. This is a list of any important data and documents that may be used when initiating a personal injury claim or lawsuit for damages.
When creating your checklist, it helps to organize your list into different categories: “Important Information” and “Documents I May Need.” For example, you may wish to make your list as follows:
- Contact information for the party who caused the injuries.
- Contact information for any other parties involved in the accident.
- Date, location, time and circumstances at the time of the accident.
- Names and contact information of any witnesses or parties who may have seen the accident.
- Name, address and contact telephone number of the ER or hospital you visited after the injury.
- Information regarding insurance policies for both yourself and the negligent party.
- Dates of work that you missed due to the accident or injury.
- Any additional important data, statistics or contact information.
- Police reports or accident reports.
- Written statements from key witnesses.
- Medical policy information and coverage levels.
- Hospital bills, medical bills, pharmaceutical receipts and physical therapy bills.
- Receipts from expenses related to the personal injury, with a particular focus on damaged property.
- Pay stubs verifying lost wages.
- Any photos or videos documenting the accident and the scene of the incident immediately following the accident.
As you can see, there is a lot of information to process, even if a personal injury claim appears to be rather simple and straight-forward. Be sure to make personal copies of all documents and verify that all of the information that they contain is correct, these may be used in your personal injury claim. The Law Office of Rick Terrana has the time and local resources to properly assist you with your personal injury claim. For additional information call us at 813.874.0522.